WORK WITH US
Our team wants you
We are on the lookout for new talent. If you would like to join our team and work within a community of exceptional care, creativity, and skill, apply for the following roles by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Assist and support the General Manager with the maintenance and control of the hotels financial operations. Depending on established ownership procedure and/or direction this may include but is not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, forecasting, budgeting, daily revenue reporting and end of month profit and loss statement generation. Take a hands on approach with direct responsibilities over the hotels daily accounting functions and oversee the XERO system.
- Coordinate all onsite accounting functions. Act as a liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Manage other areas of the accounting department as it relates to filing paper work, accounts payable check runs, and other special projects assigned by management.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are in place and functioning effectively.
- Ensure compliance with property policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Ensures that accounting practices adhere to legal requirements and standards including:
- Preparing and filing of tax and license information returns
- Providing internal and external auditors with the information they need and implementing their recommendations
- Establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and procedures to achieve budgeted operating results.
- Is able to take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible profitability.
- Administers and maintains all staff member payroll and XERO system.
- Prepare and finalize payroll. Monitor, audit, and support XERO system ensuring accurate staff records and comply with local laws.
- Serve as a role model to all staff members, adhering closely to policies and procedures, practicing the highest standards of performance. Set the highest possible example in conduct, temperament, punctuality, and standards of work.
- High standards in attention to detail, organizational skills, and accuracy.
- Prepares billing invoices and statements for direct bill accounts, group reservation block attrition and credit card guaranteed no shows as well as processes payments received,
- Maintains files of hard copy, back up documentation for outstanding receivables, and paid bills,
- Preparation and transmittal of letters requesting payment to outstanding/overdue accounts.
- Reviews and maintains accurate files on all contractual obligations
- Reconcile vendor statements and solve any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all Accounts Receivable billings go out with supporting backup for all charges in a timely manner.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
- Advise department management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Develop and implement financial and purchasing strategies, which are aligned with property objectives and internal control practices.
- Ensure that all invoices are coded and scanned to the corporate office or third party controller for processing of payables in a timely manner on a weekly basis.
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting files in order to handle vendor inquiries.
- Maximizes cash flow by proactively managing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Prepare and provide balances of accounts receivable recap daily,
- Preparation of 30/60/90+ day aging report for review,
- Thoroughly review the Daily Revenue Report prepared by Night Audit prior to sending to the corporate office.
- Responsible for generating end of period reports on a timely basis. Complete monthly property financial package for the ownership group to include P&L, and Balance Sheet.
- Articulates policies and audits compliance of cash handling and credit positions and credit
- Audit all banquet charges as well as miscellaneous charges that are posted to master accounts for accuracy.
- Audit city ledger on a weekly basis and inform the General Manager of any credit risks or potential write offs.
- Handles guest credit requests, confirms subsequent receipt of invoices and assists in handling all guest inquiries,
- Researches and responds to credit card company inquiries and charge backs, documents and maintains their files,
- Reviews and Manage Guest Ledger/checked out folios with outstanding or credit balances to determine if credit or bill is to be issued,
- Handles disputed charges, researches and attempts to resolve disputes, provides documentation to confirm accuracy of billing or issues credit as needed,
- Attend operations and leadership meetings.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable company image to achieve objectives.
- Is consistently alert of newer methods, techniques, equipment and material that will improve the efficiency and quality of the department. Make appropriate recommendations of the General Manager.
- Be prepared to advise the General Manager of all matters relating to Accounting. Priorities as the General Manager establishes them shall be completed on a timely basis.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities are preferable.
- Good knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities.
- High School or equivalent education required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of Accounting required
Previous Hotel/Resort accounting experience preferred